Week 38 Summary
Notes for this week
|Zucchini Linguini||Garlic Bread||Green Salad|
|Beef Tostadas with Homemade Guacamole||Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Tidbits|
|Baked Swiss Chicken||Carrot Raisin Salad||Green Peas with Butter|
|Tuna Pasta Salad||Fruit Cocktail||Pickle Spears|
|Savory Swiss Steak||Mashed Potatoes||Green Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Zucchini Linguini
- Garlic Bread
- Green Salad
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomato, basil, garlic & oregano; slightly drained
- 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz. linguini, cooked according to pkg. directions
- Toss cooked, drained pasta with 1 tablespoon oil and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in heated oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in prepared zucchini. Cook until zucchini begins to soften; add tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning and heat through.
- Toss in cooked linguini. Serve warm or cold.
🗓️ Day 2
- Beef Tostadas with Homemade Guacamole
- Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Tidbits
Beef Tostadas with Homemade Guacamole
Chipotle Sour Cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chipotle sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice plus ¼ tsp zest
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. taco seasoned ground beef, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 6 tostada shells
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 ½ cups Mexican cheese, shredded
Chipotle Sour Cream
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle sauce until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise, then cut in half lengthwise again. With each cut, take the knife all the way to the pit and, with the avocado on the cutting board and the knife horizontal and parallel to the cutting board, rotate the avocado carefully while holding the knife in place. If the avocado is ripe, it should be fairly easy to cut through.
- Take the quarters apart and remove the pit by gently twisting with your fingers.
- Peel each section of avocado.
- Cube, place in a medium bowl, and mash gently, leaving some chunks.
- Add remaining guacamole ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Sauté the red pepper over medium heat in oil until red pepper is tender; add cooked, taco-seasoned ground beef.
- Stir in chili sauce, salt, and pepper.
- When heated through, remove from heat and set aside.
- On each tostada shell, layer lettuce, taco meat mixture, guacamole, cheese, and chipotle sour cream.
🗓️ Day 3
- Swiss Chicken
- Carrot Raisin Salad
- Green Peas with Butter
Baked Swiss Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Cover each breast with a cheese slice.
- Mix soup and wine; pour over chicken. Cover with stuffing. Drizzle ¼ cup butter over stuffing.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
Carrot Raisin Salad
- 3 C carrots, shredded
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Soak carrots in warm water to cover for about 5 minutes to plump.
- While carrots are soaking, mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Drain carrots and combine carrots and mayonnaise mixture. Mix well and chill well before serving.
🗓️ Day 4
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Fruit Cocktail
- Pickle Spears
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 12 oz. water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas – thawed
- lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir well and chill for 2 hours before serving.
🗓️ Day 5
- Savory Swiss Steak
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Salad
Savory Swiss Steak
- 1 ½ lbs round steak, approx. 1 inch thick, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Coat steak with a mixture of flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. In a skillet, brown the meat in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in same skillet. Sauté onion, carrots, and celery until almost tender, then add to crockpot with meat.
- In the same skillet, combine tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Heat, scraping up drippings, until skillet is deglazed. Pour tomato mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until tender. Serve meat with vegetable sauce spooned over the steak.
Instant Pot Instructions
- (Instant Pot instructions are courtesy of Carolyn, who converted the recipe for use in her IP. Note that the venting instructions are *not* tested.)
- Coat steak with a mixture of flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. On sauté mode, brown the meat in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil.
- Remove the steak from the pot and set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrots, and celery until almost tender.
- Add the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar and use it to deglaze the pot.
- Add the beef back to the pot and stir gently just enough to cover the meat in sauce.
- Add cover and seal. Cook on Stew mode for 30 minutes.
- Vent as preferred; NPR was used in Carolyn's conversion but venting immediately would probably work fine. (Let us know how your method worked in the comments.)
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and peeled (see note below)
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup skim milk, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender; drain and return to pot.
- Add 4 Tbsp. butter, salt, and pepper to pot and mix; adding enough milk while mixing to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl, top with 2 Tbsp. butter, and garnish with paprika.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan