Notes for this week
|Baked Skillet Chicken||Sugar Snap Peas||Glazed Baby Carrots|
|Three Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine||Spinach Salad|
|Cheese & Onion Enchiladas||Pan Sautéed Zucchini and Onions|
|Tortellini Zucchini Soup||Crusty Bread||Green Salad|
|Tuna Cheese Melts||Celery Sticks||Applesauce|
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Baked Skillet Chicken (make enough for tonight and Three Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine on Day 2)
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Glazed Baby Carrots
Baked Skillet Chicken
- 1-½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix spices in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mix onto chicken to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side.
- Place in a lightly sprayed baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Let the chicken sit on a plate 5-10 minutes before serving. Chop, cube or shred any extras to restock your freezer with cooked chicken.
Glazed Baby Carrots
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Salt to taste
- Cook carrots by steaming to your tenderness preference. Place remaining ingredients in a serving bowl, and when carrots are done, add to bowl while still hot. Toss gently until coated with glaze.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Three Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine (use chicken from Day 1)
- Spinach Salad
Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta
- 8 oz. pkg. penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- cooking spray
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 oz. bag fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 16 oz. container cottage cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil over medium high heat until tender. Add spinach, oregano, and pepper. Heat 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a large bowl and mix well. Add cottage cheese, vegetables, cooked pasta, chicken, and spinach mixture with ¾ cup cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Stir gently until thoroughly mixed, then turn out into a baking dish prepared with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup cheddar cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes until bubbly.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas (make extra to stock freezer)
- Pan Sautéed Zucchini and Onions (make enough for tonight and for the soup on Day 4, more if freezing some soup)
Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 2 C. sour cream
- 4 C. Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1-½ recipes homemade enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop green onions, reserving 2 chopped onions.
- Mix all but the 2 reserved onions with the sour cream and 2 cups of the Mexican cheese.
- Pour ⅓ of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x12 pan.
- Fill each tortilla with an even amount of the cheese mixture, spooning it down the center line of the tortilla. Fold the two unfilled sides to the center, overlapping them, and place the enchilada folded side down in the baking pan. (If the tortillas are too stiff to fold, you can heat them in the microwave under a damp paper towel or carefully steam them for a few seconds over boiling water.)
- Pour the remaining sauce over enchiladas in pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Top with cheese and reserved green onions and bake until cheese is melted over the top (about 10 more minutes).
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½-1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- cumin to taste
- Combine all ingredients and let simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes to combine the flavors.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Tortellini Zucchini Soup (use sautéed zucchini and onions from Day 3; make extra to freeze)
- Crusty Bread
- Green Salad
Tortellini Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 19 ounce bag frozen tortellini, cheese or meat
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
If preparing to serve:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil until onion is translucent and zucchini is tender.
- Add the stock, basil, bay leaf, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and heat to a simmer.
- Add tortellini and bring back to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through. Add parsley and stir just before serving.
If preparing to freeze:
- Sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil until the onion is translucent and zucchini is tender. Remove onion and zucchini from heat and combine with all ingredients except stock in a freezer container.
- Freeze and label each container with the following instructions: "Bring 6 cups of stock to a boil. Add frozen ingredients and stir gently until thawed. Heat to a boil and cook for 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through."
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Tuna Cheese Melts
- Celery Sticks
Tuna Cheese Melts
- 10 oz canned white tuna, chunked and drained
- 1 Tbsp onions, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp pickle relish
- 8 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat broiler. Toast bread; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, and pickle relish; mix well. Top 4 of the slices of bread with tuna mixture.
- Place cheese slices over the tuna and lightly broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining bread slices and serve.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
Pin This Dinner Menu Plan: