Fresh vegetables and pasta give leftover cooked chicken new life in this satisfying meal.
Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta
- 8 oz. pkg. penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- cooking spray
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 oz. bag fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 16 oz. container cottage cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil over medium high heat until tender. Add spinach, oregano, and pepper. Heat 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a large bowl and mix well. Add cottage cheese, vegetables, cooked pasta, chicken, and spinach mixture with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir gently until thoroughly mixed, then turn out into a baking dish prepared with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes until bubbly.
Pin this recipe: