Savory seasonings and a quick sear make this easy baked chicken delicious. It is a great meal to double and serve half for dinner and chop and freeze the other half—cooked chicken in the freezer makes soups, stews, casseroles, and stir fry quick and easy.
If you have an oven-safe skillet, this can go straight into the oven after searing without changing pans. You may want to add a little extra olive oil to avoid burning if you are baking it in the same skillet you use for searing.
Baked Skillet Chicken
- 1-½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix spices in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mix onto chicken to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side.
- Place in a lightly sprayed baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Let the chicken sit on a plate 5-10 minutes before serving. Chop, cube or shred any extras to restock your freezer with cooked chicken.
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe: