Week 36 Summary
Notes for this week
|Chili Cheese Dogs||Strawberries & Kiwi|
|Chicken & Gnocchi Soup||Italian Bread||Green Salad|
|Smothered Salisbury Steak with Mushrooms and Onions||Mashed Potatoes||Baby Corn Salad with Broccoli|
|Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya||Roasted Okra & Onions with Horseradish Sauce|
|Chili Cheese Burritos||Slow Simmered Green Beans||Tex Mex Confetti Rice|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Chili Cheese Dogs
- Strawberries & Kiwi
Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2/3 recipe homemade hot dog chili, or purchased chili
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- Grill or boil hot dogs according to your preference until cooked through. Serve with chili, cheese, chopped onions, and other toppings as desired.
Sliced Strawberries with Kiwi
- 1 pint strawberries
- 3 kiwi
- Wash, stem, and chop strawberries
- Peel and chop kiwi
🗓️ Day 2
- Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
- Italian Bread
- Green Salad
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Start the soup base by melting the butter in a large soup pan. Sauté onion, pepper, garlic, and celery in butter until transluscent and tender.
- Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated with flour. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add milk and half and half. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add chicken broth and again cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until mixture thickens to desired consistency (soup should be chowder-like in consistency).
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions and drain.
- Add chicken, gnocchi, spinach, thyme, and parsley to soup base and stir gently. When soup is heated through, serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
🗓️ Day 3
- Smothered Salisbury Steak with Mushrooms and Onions
- Mashed Potatoes
- Baby Corn Salad with Broccoli
Smothered Salisbury Steaks with Mushrooms and Onions
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt free seasoning, or to taste
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, and seasoning. Shape into 8 patties.
- In a skillet, brown the patties on both sides. Remove the meat from the skillet and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and sauté about 10 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Whisk the gravy mixes and water together and add to the skillet; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the skillet over the top of the meat. Bake at 350° for 40-60 minutes or until meat is cooked through and tender.
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and peeled (see note below)
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup skim milk, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender; drain and return to pot.
- Add 4 Tbsp. butter, salt, and pepper to pot and mix; adding enough milk while mixing to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl, top with 2 Tbsp. butter, and garnish with paprika.
Baby Corn Salad with Broccoli
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 15 oz. can cut baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Rinse and dry the produce.
- Combine the romaine, broccoli, and corn, in a salad bowl and toss with Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
🗓️ Day 4
- Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
- Roasted Okra & Onions with Horseradish Sauce
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- 2 cups water
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 15.5 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 chopped and sautéed onion
- 8 oz box jambalaya rice mix
- 13 oz turkey kielbasa, cooked and cut in half lengthwise then cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 chopped and sautéed green bell pepper, chopped
- Chop and sauté the onion and pepper.
- Bring water and Rotel tomatoes and green chilies to a boil in a large pot.
- Add black beans, cooked chicken, sautéed onions and peppers, and rice mix. Cover and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté the sliced kielbasa until browned. Drain off grease and add kielbasa slices to the rice mixture, stirring gently. Continue cooking until the 20 minutes is up and the rice is tender. Serve immediately.
Roasted Okra and Onions
- 2 lbs. small, slender okra
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Parchment paper to fit your baking pan
- 1/3 cup Horseradish Cream Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse the okra and let dry.
- Cut the stem end of the okra off and discard, then cut the okra in half lengthwise.
- Place the onion and okra slices on the parchment paper-lined baking pan and drizzle oil on top.
- Mix well until vegetables are coated in oil and arrange in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness starting at about 12 minutes. The cooking time will vary with the size of the okra and whether you are able to spread them out in a single layer. Vegetables will be browned on the edges and tender but not soft when ready.
- Serve alone or with Horseradish Cream Sauce.
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tsp. grated horseradish (reduce amount if using fresh horseradish, starting with half and increasing to taste)
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white cooking wine
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and whisk until well-mixed. When sauce is almost at a simmer, reduce heat to avoid boiling.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to your preference. Serve hot as a sauce or cold as a condiment
🗓️ Day 5
- Chili Cheese Burritos
- Slow Simmered Green Beans
- Tex Mex Confetti Rice
Chili Cheese Burritos
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 packages chili seasoning or homemade equivalent, to your family’s preference
- 2 C cheddar cheese
- 8 burrito size tortillas
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, pepper, onion, and garlic until cooked through.
- Add chili seasoning and mix well.
- Add filling to tortilla, garnish with cheese, and roll up to serve.
Tex-Mex Confetti Rice
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice; stir and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with fork and add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan