Spice up boxed jambalaya with extra ingredients and taste while still saving time. Using chopped cooked chicken, onions, and peppers from the freezer and a box mix puts Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- 2 cups water
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 15.5 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped (from freezer)
- 1 chopped and sautéed onion, from freezer
- 8 oz box jambalaya rice mix
- 13 oz turkey kielbasa, cooked and cut in half lengthwise then cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 chopped and sautéed green bell pepper, chopped (from freezer)
- Bring water and Rotel tomatoes and green chilies to a boil in a large pot.
- Add black beans, cooked chicken, sautéed onions and peppers, and rice mix. Cover and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté the sliced kielbasa until browned. Drain off grease and add kielbasa slices to the rice mixture, stirring gently. Continue cooking until the 20 minutes is up and the rice is tender. Serve immediately.
Pin this recipe: