Week 33 Summary
Notes for this week
|Crockpot London Broil||Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds||Garlic Cheese Bread|
|Creole Chicken with Green Chili Cream Sauce||Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic||Wild Rice Blend|
|Easy Beef with Broccoli over Rice||Asian Cole Slaw|
|Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings||Glazed Baby Carrots|
|Taco Mac Salad with Doritos||Mandarin Pineapple Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Crockpot London Broil
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- Garlic Cheese Bread
Crockpot London Broil
- 2 lbs. London Broil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¾ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Season London Broil with salt and pepper. Insert garlic clove slices into roast by making small slits in roast.
- Place about half of the sliced onion in the crock-pot and put roast on top of onions. Top with the remaining ingredients except onion. Arranging the remaining onion slices on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8-10 hours (time varies with individual crockpots).
- When roast is tender and ready to serve, place on a serving platter. You may serve it with the juices or make a gravy if desired.
- To make gravy, blend 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Form a smooth paste. Pour drippings from crockpot pan into a saucepan and add cornstarch mixture, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking at a simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt & freshly ground black pepper, optional
🗓️ Day 2
- Creole Chicken with Green Chili Cream Sauce
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
- Wild Rice Blend
Creole Chicken in Green Chili Cream Sauce
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breasts, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. Creole seasoning, like Tony Cachere’s
- 1-1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1- 4 oz. can green chilies, diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large fry pan and sauté chicken on each side until browned. Continue cooking over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- In a separate pan, cook pepper and onion in remaining olive oil until tender.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Add the creole seasoning, bouillon, and green chilies and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk a little at a time, stirring constantly between each addition. When sauce is starting to thicken, add lemon juice and sour cream and stir gently until sour cream is melted and mixture is hot. Keep warm until chicken is cooked.
- When chicken is cooked, pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/2 medium lemon, sliced thin
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
🗓️ Day 3
- Easy Beef with Broccoli over Rice
- Asian Cole Slaw
Easy Beef with Broccoli using Leftover Steak
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked steak, London broil, or firm cut of roast, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add leftover steak and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute.
- Remove meat from skillet. Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions
- 1/3 C rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Peanuts, chopped, to taste
- In a large bowl toss broccoli slaw, green onions, cilantro, and coleslaw mix together.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and both oils.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with peanuts.
🗓️ Day 4
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Glazed Baby Carrots
Easy Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth plus extra for thinning
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 refrigerator biscuits, from can
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- salt & pepper to taste, if needed
- Spray a large slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, soup, broth, onions, and parsley. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- After cooking time has elapsed, turn off slow cooker and break chicken into pieces using a fork. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut each biscuit into 9 pieces.
- Stir biscuit pieces into hot chicken mixture.
- Turn crock pot back on to high and continue cooking for 30 minutes. If your mixture is too thick when you add the biscuits, add about 1/2 to 1 cup of hot chicken broth or water to thin the mixture.
- Add salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley if desired.
Glazed Baby Carrots
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Salt to taste
- Cook carrots by steaming to your tenderness preference. Place remaining ingredients in a serving bowl, and when carrots are done, add to bowl while still hot. Toss gently until coated with glaze.
🗓️ Day 5
- Taco Mac Salad with Doritos
- Mandarin Pineapple Salad
Taco Mac Salad
- 8 oz. tri-color spiral macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ head leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 9.75 oz. Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef. When beef is thoroughly cooked, add taco seasoning mix and 1/3 cup water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Rinse cooked pasta with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, mix cooked macaroni, all vegetables, cheese, and seasonings. Chill.
- Just before serving, stir in warm seasoned ground beef, French dressing, and chips. Toss gently and serve.
Mandarin Pineapple Salad
- 11 oz Mandarin orange slices
- 20 oz pineapple tidbits
- Store cans in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Drain both cans of fruit, combine, and serve.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan