Week 29 Summary
Notes for this week
|Kung Pao Chicken||Rice||Green Salad|
|Taco Bar||Fruit Cocktail|
|Shrimp Scampi||Steamed Broccoli|
|Mexican Ravioli||Grilled Vegetables|
|Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy||Mashed Potatoes||Mixed Vegetables|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Green Salad
Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-4 small dried chilies
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C peanuts
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 6 Tbsp oil, divided
- Marinate chicken overnight in a mixture of 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp rice cooking wine, and 1 tsp cornstarch.
- To make the sauce, combine the following in a small bowl: vinegar, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 tsp rice cooking wine, sugar, 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. oil in a wok over high heat. Cook chicken until cooked through and remove to a plate and set aside.
- Rinse out wok and add 2 Tbsp oil. Heat oil and add chilies. [If you cannot find chilies, you can use ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper.] This makes chili oil and is what flavors the dish.
- Stir fry chilies until they turn black, add ginger, garlic, and peppers. Stir fry until softened.
- Add chicken to reheat. Add sauce and stir until thickened.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve over rice.
🗓️ Day 2
- Taco Bar
- Fruit Cocktail
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 12 tortillas or taco shells
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- Lettuce, optional
- Tomatoes, optional
- Salsa, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix as directed on package. Serve seasoned beef with remaining ingredients as a make your own taco bar.
🗓️ Day 3
- Shrimp Scampi
- Steamed Broccoli
- ½ c. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. steak sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 lb. frozen cooked, peeled, deveined, tail-off shrimp, thawed
- fresh chopped parsley, to taste
- 12 oz pkg. fettuccine, cooked
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, steak sauce, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil then add the shrimp, heat until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over fettuccine.
🗓️ Day 4
- Mexican Ravioli
- Grilled Vegetables
- 25 oz pkg beef ravioli
- 10 oz homemade enchilada sauce, or canned red enchilada sauce
- 1 C salsa
- 2 C Monterey Jack cheese
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- In a skillet, mix the enchilada sauce and salsa over low heat. When pasta is cooked, drain and add to skillet.
- Mixing carefully, add olives and cheese and serve.
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 16 oz. package of whole mushrooms, cleaned
- 3/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Mix all vegetables together with Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and seasonings. Grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
🗓️ Day 5
- Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy
- Mashed Potatoes
- Mixed Vegetables
Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy
- 1 lb. cube steak
- 2 cans (10.75 oz. each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- ¾ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything but the cube steak into the crockpot and mix well with a whisk.
- Place cube steak on top and mix to cover with gravy.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. Serve over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes, or with your favorite side dishes.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan