This quick and easy shrimp dish has a flavorful and rich garlic butter sauce and is served over hot pasta. It can be on the rich side when served alone, so we pair it with hot fettuccine. Enjoy shrimp scampi with a green salad or steamed vegetables for a delicious meal.
While scampi often refers to a method of preparing shrimp (especially in the US), it actually is the name of a crustacean itself—a small edible lobster served alone or with melted butter. Because of the easy availability of shrimp, we use that in our scampi.
- ½ c. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. steak sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 lb. frozen cooked, peeled, deveined, tail-off shrimp, thawed
- fresh chopped parsley, to taste
- 12 oz pkg. fettuccine, cooked
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, steak sauce, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil then add the shrimp, heat until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over fettuccine.