Week 27 Summary
Notes for this week
|5 Ingredient Asian Glazed Fish||Couscous||Green Peas|
|Shortcut Spinach Calzones||Green Salad|
|Cheddary Spirals with Broccoli||Carrot Raisin Salad|
|Cowboy Hotdogs||Mediterranean Lentil Salad||Flag Cake|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- 5 Ingredient Asian Glazed Fish
- Green Peas
5 Ingredient Asian Glazed Fish
- 1 lb. fish fillets such as tilapia
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 lemon, quartered
- non-stick cooking spray
- Heat broiler or preheat grill.
- Spray cooking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together mayonnaise, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Place fish on tray and spread with half of mixture.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, flip fish, and spread that side with remaining mixture.
- Cook until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon quarters.
🗓️ Day 2
- Carne Guisada (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
Carne Guisada for the Instant Pot
- ¾ cup water
- 3-4 lbs beef stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies or plain diced tomatoes, reserve juices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- fresh cilantro
- grated cheese
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Put water in Instant Pot and add meat. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Drain juice from tomatoes with green chilies into a 2 cup measuring cup and place tomatoes with green chilies over meat. Add garlic, onion, and green pepper.
- Cook on manual pressure (high if you have the option) for 25 minutes. NPR for 15 minutes, then release pressure and open lid. Add spices and stir.
- Add enough water to the reserved juice from tomatoes with green chilies to make 1-½ cups liquid. Heat liquid in microwave or on stovetop.
- Add flour to liquid and mix well. Add flour mixture to cooked meat and stir to blend well. Cook on sauté mode for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, to thicken the sauce.
- Turn off Instant Pot to stop the hard boil, and let sit for 10 minutes. Turn back on to slow cooker mode to keep warm while serving.
- Garnish with cilantro, cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and serve with tortillas for dipping.
- If you prefer mild vs. spicy food, substitute the canned tomatoes for the tomatoes with green chilies.
- Leftovers from Carne Guisada can be used to make beef enchiladas, Tex-Mex Beef Casserole, or burritos.
- These instructions are for making Carne Guisada in the Instant Pot; you can find the instructions for the slow cooker here.
- Nutrition data does not include garnishes.
- This recipe uses flour to thicken the gravy, but you could substitute a mixture of 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch with the room temperature reserved juices instead (do not heat the liquid when using cornstarch) to make it gluten-free. Serve with corn tortillas or rice instead of flour tortillas.
🗓️ Day 3
- Shortcut Spinach Calzones
- Green Salad
Shortcut Spinach Calzones
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- dash pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tsp. milk
- spaghetti sauce for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan, pepper, and salt.
- Unroll pizza dough and roll out on a floured surface until it is desired thickness, thin enough to make 8 - 5-inch squares.
- Cut dough into 8 5-inch squares and put about 2-3 tbsp of spinach mixture on one side of each dough square.
- Fold dough over and pinch all sides together.
- Place each calzone on a baking sheet and lightly brush milk over top of each calzone.
- Bake for about 10 -15 minutes or until calzones are lightly browned. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired (I served with vodka sauce and it was delicious).
🗓️ Day 4
- Cheddary Spirals with Broccoli
- Carrot Raisin Salad
Cheddary Spirals with Broccoli
- 16 oz. fusilli pasta
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, approx. the juice of ½ lemon
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus more for garnish
- Add pasta to a large stock pot of boiling water on the stove. Cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Drain in colander.
- While pasta and broccoli are draining, put the stock pot back on the heat and cook off any excess water in the pan. Add butter and melt but do not brown.
- Add flour and stir with a whisk over medium heat for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of broth and combine well with whisk until mixture starts to thicken. Add another cup of broth and whisk until smooth. Add remaining broth and cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and even consistency.
- Stir in garlic salt, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add cheese a cup at a time, stirring to integrate into broth mixture.
- Heat and stir occasionally over medium heat for about 10 minutes as cheese melts. A whisk will help the mixture conform to an even consistency.
- Gently fold in pasta and broccoli until well coated in cheese sauce. Serve garnished with shredded cheddar cheese.
Carrot Raisin Salad
- 3 C carrots, shredded
- ½ C raisins
- ½ C mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Soak carrots in warm water to cover for about 5 minutes to plump.
- While carrots are soaking, mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Drain carrots and combine carrots and mayonnaise mixture. Mix well and chill well before serving.
🗓️ Day 5
- Cowboy Hotdogs
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- 4th of July Flag Cake
Cowboy Hot Dogs
- 6 beef franks
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Deli style mustard
- BBQ Sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Grill or fry hot dogs. While hot dogs are cooking, sauté onion in oil over medium heat until browned.
- If desired, heat buns. Serve hot dogs with desired toppings.
- 1-½ cups dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 10.5 oz cans chicken broth
- water, as needed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup almonds, sliced or slivered
- 4 oz. jar artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1-½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the chicken broth to boiling. Add bay leaf and lentils. Cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are just tender, adding water if needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, almonds, and artichoke hearts. In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- When lentils are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Remove bay leaf and discard. Add lentils to other ingredients in the bowl and mix gently.
- Cover with dressing and mix well. Serve cold.
4th of July Flag Cake
- 1 prepared angel food cake, crumbled
- 2.6 oz. Dream Whip, 1 box
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1-½ cups powdered sugar
- 15 oz. cherry pie filling
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- Place angel food cake in the bottom of a 9x13 pan (I usually only use about ⅔ of the cake because my pan is not deep).
- In a medium bowl, mix Dream Whip according to package directions, using both envelopes. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Gently mix in prepared Dream Whip.
- Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over the cake, taking care not to mix crumbs in.
- Place blueberries in a square in the upper left corner of the cake.
- Spread cherry pie filling in stripes to resemble a flag.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan