Week 25 Summary
Notes for this week
|Beef Stir-Fry||Rice||Green Salad|
|Tuna Pasta Salad||Tomato Slices|
|Barbecue Meatballs||Rice||Pan Sautéed Summer Squash and Zucchini|
|Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce||Steamed Broccoli|
|Cheese & Onion Enchiladas||Light & Fresh Cucumber-Cabbage Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Beef Stir-Fry over Rice
- Green Salad
Beef Stir Fry
- 2 lbs beef, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 10 oz can tomato soup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lg onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion in oil until cooked through.
- Add soup, water, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil then add remaining vegetables and cook at a simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
🗓️ Day 2
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Tomato Slices with Mayonnaise
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 12 oz. water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas – thawed
- lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir well and chill for 2 hours before serving.
🗓️ Day 3
- Barbecue Meatballs over Rice
- Pan Sautéed Summer Squash and Zucchini
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- Combine meatball ingredients and shape into balls. Place in baking dish. Prepare sauce by combining all sauce ingredients and mix well. Pour over meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Pan Sautéed Summer Squash and Zucchini Slices
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 summer squash, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a large skillet
- Sauté zucchini and summer squash in butter until tendercrisp.
🗓️ Day 4
- Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce
- Steamed Broccoli
Shrimp in Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce over Penne Pasta
- Oil, as needed
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water, room temperature
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 lb. frozen raw shrimp, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
Roast the Garlic
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the garlic bulbs across the top to expose the very top of the cloves.
- Set the bulbs on a piece of aluminum foil then drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Close the foil around the garlic tightly and roast for about 45 minutes or until very tender (when done, you should be able to squeeze the garlic out of the head easily; the cloves will be darkened but not burned).
- Allow to cool, then remove the roasted garlic by gently squeezing it out the top of the head. Set aside.
Prepare the Pasta and Sauce
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of oil in a skillet and add the shallots.
- Sauté shallots until light brown, add chicken broth and garlic.
- In a small container, mix the water and cornstarch well.
- Bring skillet ingredients to a boil and add milk and cornstarch that has been diluted in the water.
- Place mixture into a blender (or place into a bowl and use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth.
- Place shrimp in skillet and sauté until done.
- Add the creamy garlic mixture back to the skillet and season with salt, pepper, and cilantro.
- Add the cheese and allow to thicken.
- Serve over prepared penne pasta.
🗓️ Day 5
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- Light & Fresh Cucumber-Cabbage Salad
Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 2 C. sour cream
- 4 C. Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 recipes homemade enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop green onions, reserving 2 chopped onions.
- Mix all but the 2 reserved onions with the sour cream and 2 cups of the Mexican cheese.
- Pour 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x12 pan.
- Fill each tortilla with an even amount of the cheese mixture, spooning it down the center line of the tortilla. Fold the two unfilled sides to the center, overlapping them, and place the enchilada folded side down in the baking pan. (If the tortillas are too stiff to fold, you can heat them in the microwave under a damp paper towel or carefully steam them for a few seconds over boiling water.)
- Pour the remaining sauce over enchiladas in pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Top with cheese and reserved green onions and bake until cheese is melted over the top (about 10 more minutes).
Light & Fresh Cucumber-Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 6-8 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup fresh dill
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- dash of salt/pepper, more if desired
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan