Week 15 Summary
Notes for this week
|Sesame Chicken||Steamed Broccoli||Yellow Rice|
|Tortellini Zucchini Soup||Dinner Rolls|
|Crustless Broccoli Quiche||Easy Buttermilk Biscuits||Fruit Cocktail|
|Smothered Salisbury Steak||Green Peas with Butter||Mashed Potatoes|
|Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder||Slow-Simmered Green Beans||Cheese Toast|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Sesame Chicken
- Steamed Broccoli
- Yellow Rice
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Place chicken in large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve ½ cup marinade for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade into bowl with chicken. Cover and marinate several hours or overnight in refrigerator. Remove chicken from bowl; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, about 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning frequently and basting with reserved marinade.
- This recipe makes enough to save half of the cooked chicken for another meal (if using it this week, refrigerate; if not, freeze).
- If you don't want to grill the chicken, it can be baked at 350°F until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- You can buy pre-toasted sesame seeds at Asian markets or you can lightly toast your own.
🗓️ Day 2
- Tortellini Zucchini Soup
- Dinner Rolls
Tortellini Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 19 ounce bag frozen tortellini, cheese or meat
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
If preparing to serve:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil until onion is translucent and zucchini is tender.
- Add the stock, basil, bay leaf, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and heat to a simmer.
- Add tortellini and bring back to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through. Add parsley and stir just before serving.
If preparing to freeze:
- Sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil until the onion is translucent and zucchini is tender. Remove onion and zucchini from heat and combine with all ingredients except stock in a freezer container.
- Freeze and label each container with the following instructions: "Bring 6 cups of stock to a boil. Add frozen ingredients and stir gently until thawed. Heat to a boil and cook for 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through."
🗓️ Day 3
- Crustless Broccoli Quiche
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Fruit Cocktail
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C. milk
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in broccoli/spinach and cheese. Pour into a greased 8 inch pie pan that has 2 inch sides.
- Bake at 350°F about 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Combine flour and butter, cutting with a fork or using a mixer.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Add more flour if too wet, more buttermilk if too dry.
- When dough is rolling consistency, knead a few times and turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake the biscuits on cookie sheet at 475° until brown, about 15 minutes (time will vary based on thickness).
🗓️ Day 4
- Smothered Salisbury Steak
- Green Peas with Butter
- Mashed Potatoes
Smothered Salisbury Steaks with Mushrooms and Onions
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt free seasoning, or to taste
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, and seasoning. Shape into 8 patties.
- In a skillet, brown the patties on both sides. Remove the meat from the skillet and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and sauté about 10 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Whisk the gravy mixes and water together and add to the skillet; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the skillet over the top of the meat. Bake at 350° for 40-60 minutes or until meat is cooked through and tender.
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and peeled (see note below)
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup skim milk, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender; drain and return to pot.
- Add 4 Tbsp. butter, salt, and pepper to pot and mix; adding enough milk while mixing to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl, top with 2 Tbsp. butter, and garnish with paprika.
🗓️ Day 5
- Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
- Slow-Simmered Green Beans
- Cheese Toast
Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 cups chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 29.5 oz canned creamed style corn
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilies, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz jar pimientos, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté chicken in oil until cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half & half, cheese, corn, and green chilies. Cook and stir gently over low heat until the cheese is melted, making sure to reduce heat if you notice any sticking on the bottom of the pan. Stir in pimiento.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro, if desired.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan