Week 14 Summary
Notes for this week
|Baked Potato Soup||Tropical Fruit Salad|
|Baked Skillet Chicken||Seasoned Green Beans||Garlic Cheese Bread|
|Chili Cheese Burritos||Green Salad||Fruit of Your Choice|
|Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce||Sugar Snap Peas|
|One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta||Spinach Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Baked Potato Soup
- Tropical Fruit Salad
Baked Potato Soup
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked and cooled
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped and divided
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 8 oz sour cream
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out pulp and set aside. Discard skins.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and bubbly. (This will take some time.)
- Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp green onions, 1/2 cup bacon, and 1 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Stir in sour cream and cook until heated, mixing well.
- Garnish with your choice of remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 29 oz. mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Mix everything except reserved juice and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar and 2 to 3 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice and pour over fruit. Toss gently to coat.
🗓️ Day 2
- Baked Skillet Chicken
- Seasoned Green Beans
- Garlic Cheese Bread
Baked Skillet Chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix spices in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mix onto chicken to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side.
- Place in a lightly sprayed baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Let the chicken sit on a plate 5-10 minutes before serving. Chop, cube or shred any extras to restock your freezer with cooked chicken.
Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 package Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
- If needed, trim green beans of ends and strings. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Lightly steam green beans.
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add green beans. Sprinkle with the 1/4 package of seasoning mix and stir well while sautéing.
🗓️ Day 3
- Chili Cheese Burritos
- Green Salad
- Fruit of Your Choice
Chili Cheese Burritos
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 packages chili seasoning or homemade equivalent, to your family’s preference
- 2 C cheddar cheese
- 8 burrito size tortillas
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, pepper, onion, and garlic until cooked through.
- Add chili seasoning and mix well.
- Add filling to tortilla, garnish with cheese, and roll up to serve.
🗓️ Day 4
- Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce
- Sugar Snap Peas
Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 lb thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, or 1 Tbsp. dried
- 1/8 Tbsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 8 oz. spaghetti or vermicelli
- Set up an assembly line with chicken breasts, a shallow bowl with the milk, and a bowl with the bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken in milk, then bread crumbs.
- Brown chicken on both sides in butter and olive oil over medium heat and continue cooking until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove and keep warm.
- While making the sauce, put the pasta on to cook so they will be done at the same time.
- Add all but 3 Tbsp. of the broth to the drippings in the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir, loosening drippings from the bottom of the pan. Add whipping cream and pimientos.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, for about a minute.
- Reduce heat and add Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 3 Tbsp. broth.
- When the sauce is heated through, add cornstarch mixture, stirring over medium heat to thicken.
- Place chicken on pasta and cover with basil cream sauce.
🗓️ Day 5
- One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta
- Spinach Salad
One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta
- 12 oz box fusilli pasta
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz package baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except for spinach and Parmesan cheese in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat for about 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is slightly al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir just before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan