Grilled vegetables are almost universally loved and are easy to prepare with little clean-up. Produce best suited for grilling will be firm and have a low water content (such as peppers, onions, asparagus, and mushrooms among others).
Tomatoes are one of the few high water content veggies that do well on the grill. Try combining your favorite flavors and mixing up marinades for a variety of different dishes. Here are two of my grilled veggie favorites:
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 16 oz. package of whole mushrooms, cleaned
- 3/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Mix all vegetables together with Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and seasonings. Grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Wash asparagus and snap tough ends off.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In order to keep the tips from burning, place a piece of foil under just the tip ends of the asparagus on the grill. Grill until tender, turning regularly, and serve immediately.
Pin this recipe: