For nights when you have no time for dinner and very little in the way of ingredients on hand, prepared sauces can be a lifesaver, but with fresh ingredients the homemade version is worth the effort. You can make homemade Alfredo sauce and use fresh broccoli for a quick and easy Broccoli & Fettuccine Alfredo dinner.
Combined with a quick salad, the complete meal can be on the table in barely more than the time it takes to cook and drain the fettuccine. The homemade sauce takes hardly any time to prepare and pays off in flavor and freshness.
Broccoli & Fettuccine Alfredo
- 8 oz fettuccine, cooked according to pkg. directions
- ½ recipe homemade alfredo sauce, or a jar of prepared sauce
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- Steam broccoli in covered microwave safe dish for about 5 minutes or add broccoli to fettuccine during the last five minutes of the fettuccine boiling time.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Serve Alfredo sauce over pasta and broccoli.
Pin this recipe: