This traditional pumpkin recipe is a staple at Thanksgiving meals. It can be made ahead and refrigerated.
Classic pumpkin pie is a must-have dessert for Thanksgiving.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 9 inch deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs and then add pumpkin, spice mixture, and evaporated milk. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 45 minutes (or until knife inserted into center of pie comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate. If desired, serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Adapted from recipe on Libby’s Pure Pumpkin can.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 241 calCarbohydrates: 27.11 gProtein: 6.51 gFat: 12.18 gSodium: 356.37 mgFiber: 2.05 gSugar: 12.31 g