This delicious and light dessert is fabulous with ginger cookies as an accompaniment. It’s also a good filling for a no-bake pie in a graham cracker or crushed gingersnap crust. Another festive idea is using it as a filling for Pumpkin Parfaits, layering it with crushed gingersnaps and whipped cream.
⏲️ Time needed
The mousse only takes about 5 minutes to mix up, but it’ll need to chill for about 3 hours, so be sure to plan ahead. Frozen whipped topping will take several hours to thaw, so don’t forget to put that in the fridge the night before. Bottom line: plan at least a day ahead.
- vanilla pudding mix
- ground cinnamon
- whipped topping
🌾 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian as written.
In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, cinnamon, milk, and pudding with a beater until well blended, about two minutes.
Gently fold in the whipped topping and mix thoroughly.
Place mousse in a serving bowl or individual dessert cups. Chill until ready to serve.
Pumpkin Mousse makes a great base for Pumpkin Parfaits. Just alternate layers of mousse with crushed gingersnaps and whipped cream, topping with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of gingersnap crumbs.
- 30 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 boxes vanilla pudding (3.4-ounces each)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, cinnamon, milk, and pudding with a beater until well blended, about two minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in a serving bowl or individual dessert cups. Chill thoroughly before serving.
📌 Pin this recipe