Fresh mushrooms and onions paired with cream of mushroom soup make Mushroom Salisbury Steak an easy stovetop meal with lots of flavor.
Mushroom Salisbury Steak
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1 Lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a bowl, mix ¼ cup of soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and onion.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Brown mushrooms in butter in a skillet. When mushrooms are tender, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown patties (if you are using lowfat beef, you may need to brown in vegetable oil). Drain and set aside when browned.
- Add mushrooms, remaining soup, and milk to skillet; return patties to skillet. Cover and simmer on low 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
Pin this recipe: