Week 35 Summary
Notes for this week
|Apple Cheddar Melts||Marinated Cucumber Salad||Potato Chips|
|Basil Lime Chicken||Grilled Corn with Garlic Soy Butter||Stir-Fried Squash & Bell Pepper with Garlic|
|Cheesy Baked Ziti||Caesar Salad||Garlic Bread|
|Beef Kabobs over Yellow Rice||Grilled Asparagus|
|Burritos Mojados||Creamy Mexi-Corn Casserole||Green Salad|
🗓️ Day 1
- Apple Cheddar Melts
- Marinated Cucumber Salad
- Potato Chips
Apple Cheddar Melt
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 apple
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Toast the bread. While the bread is toasting, cut the apple into thin slices and mix the apple slices with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- When the toast is ready, spread it with the mayonnaise and layer the apple slices on each piece.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top of the apple slices and top with a slice of cheddar.
- Toast until cheese is melted. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber, washed and thinly sliced
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1-½ Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, and salt and mix well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over sliced cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If the cucumber is large in diameter, slice it in half lengthwise before slicing crosswise.
- If you prefer, you can chop/dice the cucumber and onion rather than slice it for a different presentation.
- White vinegar can be substituted for apple cider vinegar.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
🗓️ Day 2
- Basil Lime Chicken
- Grilled Corn with Garlic Soy Butter
- Stir-Fried Squash & Bell Pepper with Garlic
Basil Lime Chicken
- ¾ cup lime juice
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 ½ Tbsp dried basil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together thoroughly in a small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup for basting and ¼ cup separately for serving; refrigerate.
- Marinate chicken in remaining marinade overnight.
- Grill over medium heat about 5 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Flip chicken and baste again. Continue to cook until juices run clear.
- Divide chicken and serve ¼ for the meal and chop ¾ for the freezer.
- Drizzle the marinade you reserved for dipping over the chicken you are serving, or just serve the marinade as a dipping sauce.
Grilled Corn With Garlic and Ginger Soy Butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced on a Microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1- inch knob fresh ginger, minced on a Microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- ¼ cup finely sliced scallions
Stir Fried Squash & Bell Pepper with Garlic
- 3 cups yellow or zucchini squash, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. basil or Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté the squash, onion, peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add other ingredients. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 3-4 more minutes until veggies are tender.
🗓️ Day 3
- Cheesy Baked Ziti
- Caesar Salad
- Garlic Bread
Cheesy Baked Ziti
- 12 oz box ziti or penne
- 50 oz jar pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 egg
- 16 oz container ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish. Cook pasta according to package directions but slightly undercooking; drain. In a medium bowl combine pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove 2 cups and set aside. Stir remaining sauce into cooked pasta.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg and stir in ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, and salt until blended.
- Place over the mozzarella cheese by dolloping with a spoon and gently spread. Top with remaining pasta, then sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread remaining pasta sauce evenly to edges of dish, coating all pasta.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until very hot in center and edges are bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
🗓️ Day 4
- Beef Kabobs over Yellow Rice
- Grilled Asparagus
Beef Kabobs over Yellow Rice
- 1.5 lbs. beef sirloin or round, cut into 2” pieces
- 3 bell peppers, any color, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 8 oz. whole mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 red onions, quartered & separated into two layer pieces
- 10 oz. package yellow rice, prepared according to pkg. directions
- ½ recipe soy garlic beef marinade
- Pour the prepared marinade over the beef in a sealable container and marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to 350ºF.
- While grill is heating, alternate beef and vegetables on kabob skewers.
- Grill kabobs until beef is done to your preference.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate meat for several hours and cook as directed in recipe.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Wash asparagus and snap tough ends off.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In order to keep the tips from burning, place a piece of foil under just the tip ends of the asparagus on the grill. Grill until tender, turning regularly, and serve immediately.
🗓️ Day 5
- Burritos Mojados
- Creamy Mexi-Corn Casserole
- Green Salad
- 1 pound dry pinto beans, about 2-⅓ cups
- 4 quarts tap water
- 4 oz butter
- Adobo to taste
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 recipe homemade enchilada sauce
- Garnishes (cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, olives, etc.)
- Soak the beans in 2 quarts of cold water overnight. The next day, bring the beans to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for an hour. Add the butter and adobo to taste.
- Cover again and simmer for another 45 minutes to an hour. When the beans are tender, drain off liquid. Use half of the bean mixture for the burritos and freeze half or save it for leftovers.
- Place tortillas wrapped in foil in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes until warm. When tortillas are warm, assemble as burritos with beans and cheese. Serve covered with enchilada sauce and your choice of condiments.
Creamy Mexi-Corn Casserole
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 oz. can green chilies, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, milk, and green chilies in bowl. Mix well. Add corn and mix thoroughly.
- Pour corn into a lightly sprayed baking dish. Bake 45 minutes or until casserole is fully heated.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan