Week 34 Summary
Notes for this week
|Chipped Beef Gravy||Buttermilk Biscuits||Cantaloupe|
|Baked Honey and Lemon Chicken||Apple Raisin Salad||Green Peas in Butter|
|Tuna Casserole||Light & Fresh Cucumber-Cabbage Salad|
|Chicken Pot Pie||Green Salad|
|Creamy Balsamic Meatballs over Egg Noodles||Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce|
🗓️ Day 1
- Chipped Beef Gravy over Buttermilk Biscuits
Chipped Beef Gravy
- 4.5 oz jar dried beef
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- dash hot sauce
- Soak the dried beef in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes to reduce the saltiness. Drain.
- Tear or cut beef into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Over medium heat, stir in flour and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- After all milk has been added, add beef bouillon and hot sauce. Simmer over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened to your preference.
- Add beef and heat through. Serve over buttermilk biscuits or toast.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1-½ cups buttermilk
- Combine flour and butter, cutting with a fork or using a mixer.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Add more flour if too wet, more buttermilk if too dry.
- When dough is rolling consistency, knead a few times and turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake the biscuits on cookie sheet at 475° until brown, about 15 minutes (time will vary based on thickness).
🗓️ Day 2
- Baked Honey and Lemon Chicken
- Apple Raisin Salad
- Green Peas in Butter
Baked Honey and Lemon Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken, bone in (about 6 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish; drizzle with melted butter. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- Combine honey, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Pour mixture over chicken and bake for another 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Apple Raisin Salad
- 5 apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Soak raisins in hot water to cover to soften for about 5 minutes, drain and dry on a paper towel. Combine apples, raisins, and celery in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine salad dressing, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the fruit mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to chill then serve.
🗓️ Day 3
- Tuna Casserole
- Light & Fresh Cucumber-Cabbage Salad
- 2 cans water-packed tuna, drained
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except noodles in a bowl; fold in cooked and drained noodles.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Light & Fresh Cucumber-Cabbage Salad
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 6-8 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ⅛ cup fresh dill
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- dash of salt/pepper, more if desired
🗓️ Day 4
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Green Salad
Chicken Pot Pie
- 12 oz pkg. deep dish pie crusts or homemade equivalent
- ⅓ C butter
- ⅓ C chopped onion
- ⅓ C all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 14 oz can chicken broth or homemade equivalent
- ½ C milk
- 2-½ C cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 2 C frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning, to taste (optional)
- Heat oven 425°F.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan or prepare your own crusts.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Add chicken and mixed vegetables; mix well.
- Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pie pan. Top with second crust and seal edges.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust. Bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil during last 15-20 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Gluten-free pie crusts can be found in the freezer section of many grocery stores (or you can make your own).
- Use GF all-purpose flour or cornstarch to thicken the filling. If you use cornstarch to thicken the filling, mix equal parts cornstarch and room temperature broth (do not use heated broth). I usually mix it in a small glass jar with a lid (like an old pimiento jar) and shake it well until the consistency is uniform. Add the mixture to the sauce and heat until thickened, stirring regularly.
- Be sure your chicken broth is gluten-free.
🗓️ Day 5
- Creamy Balsamic Meatballs over Egg Noodles
- Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
Creamy Balsamic Meatballs
- 1 lb. cooked meatballs, homemade or purchased
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 oz egg noodles, cooked
- Brown meatballs over medium heat or in the oven; set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to pan; cook over medium heat until onions are golden.
- Add cream and vinegar and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
- 1 Pound Broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons miso paste
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan