Week 22 Summary
Notes for this week
|Tomato and Asparagus Carbonara||Pineapple|
|Honey and Lemon Chicken||Green Beans Almandine||Roasted Red Potatoes|
|Chicken Salad Croissants||Celery Sticks||Fruit of Your Choice|
|Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder||Baguette|
|Easy Cheeseburger Pie||Steamed Spinach||Roasted Red Potato Salad|
🗓️ Day 1
- Tomato and Asparagus Carbonara
Tomato and Asparagus Carbonara
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 tsp salt, for boiling pasta
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup basil, fresh
- Cook pasta in water with 1 tsp. of salt until al dente.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper, cooking for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add all tomatoes; cook for 6 minutes or until grape tomatoes are tender. Stir gently to avoid crushing the tomatoes.
- Whisk egg with ½ cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss hot, cooked pasta with egg mixture.
- Add tomato mixture, tossing gently until sauce thickens. Serve in shallow bowls and sprinkle each serving with chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
- To prepare asparagus, rinse it under running water, then hold it with both hands and snap off the tough end. Hold the stalk so that the hand on the tip end is closer to the center of the stalk and the hand on the cut end is close to the end of the stalk. Bring your hands down and toward each other, and the stalk will snap just where it starts to get tough at the end.
- The heat from adding the egg mixture to the hot pasta will cook the egg, thickening it into a light, creamy sauce.
- Parmesan garnish not included in nutritional data.
🗓️ Day 2
- Baked Honey and Lemon Chicken
- Green Beans Almandine
- Roasted Red Potatoes
Baked Honey and Lemon Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken, bone in (about 6 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish; drizzle with melted butter. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- Combine honey, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Pour mixture over chicken and bake for another 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 4 lbs. small red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Italian seasoning such as Rosa Maria, affiliate link
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and half or quarter so that pieces are uniform in size. Dry with a paper towel as much as possible. Add olive oil and toss to coast. Sprinkle with seasoning and mix well.
- Bake, stirring periodically, for 25-30 minutes or until tender inside and somewhat crisp outside.
- This recipe makes enough potatoes to serve for a meal and use 2 lbs. in Roasted Red Potato Salad.
Green Beans Almandine
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and washed
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
🗓️ Day 3
- Chicken Salad Croissants
- Celery Sticks
Chicken Salad Croissants
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, seasoning, celery, and green onion. Mix well. Add chicken and gently stir. Assemble as sandwiches with lettuce leaves on croissants.
🗓️ Day 4
- Smoked Sausage and Corn Chowder
Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ¼ C flour
- Pepper to taste
- Seasoning salt to taste
- 4 C milk
- 15 oz whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 lb. smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- In a soup pot, sauté onion in butter for about 3-5 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Stir in flour, pepper, and seasoning. Add milk all at once. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick & bubbly, a few minutes.
- Stir in corn and sausage. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes before serving.
🗓️ Day 5
- Easy Cheeseburger Pie
- Steamed Spinach
- Roasted Red Potato Salad
Easy Cheeseburger Pie
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spread beef and onion in bottom of lightly greased, 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle salt, chilies, and cheese over cooked ground beef.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir remaining ingredients together until well blended. Pour egg mixture into pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Roasted Red Potato Salad
- ½ recipe roasted red potatoes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. celery seeds
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix the mayonnaise and spices together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir mixture into roasted red potatoes and add green onions and parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan