Week 2 Summary
Notes for this week
|BBQ Chicken Dinner in the Crockpot|
|Layered Italian Beef Casserole||Green Salad|
|Black Bean Soup||Homemade Guacamole & Tortilla Chips|
|Cowboy Hotdogs||Apple Slices with Cheddar Cheese|
🗓️ Day 1
- Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 4 cup diced potatoes
- ¼ cup flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef in a large soup pot. Drain, rinse with hot water, and set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery, and basil in the same pan in oil until tender.
- Add flour and mix well, then add broth, potatoes, and beef. Stir until mixed and flour dissolves.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring regularly, until cheese melts.
- Turn off heat and add sour cream. Stir until blended and serve.
🗓️ Day 2
- BBQ Chicken Dinner in the Crockpot
BBQ Chicken Dinner in the Crockpot
- 2-½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 6 gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 frozen mini ears corn on the cob
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray the bottom of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken in the crockpot and brush with some of the barbecue sauce until chicken is completely covered. Pour remaining barbecue sauce evenly over chicken.
- Combine the potatoes, oil, onion, cheese, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and mix well.
- Make a large packet out of foil and wrap the potatoes in it.
- Wrap each ear of corn separately in foil.
- Place the potato packet on top of the chicken and place the wrapped ears of corn on top of the potato packet.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until cooked through.
🗓️ Day 3
- Layered Italian Beef Casserole
- Green Salad
Layered Italian Beef Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and add in garlic, salt, sugar, and tomato sauce.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook and drain egg noodles according to package directions.
- Combine sour cream and cream cheese together in a small bowl until it resembles cottage cheese.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish layer ½ the noodles, ½ the meat mixture, top with the sour cream mixture, spread out as evenly as possible, add remaining noodles, remaining meat mixture and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
🗓️ Day 4
- Black Bean Soup
- Homemade Guacamole & Tortilla Chips
Black Bean Soup
- 1 lb. prepared dried black beans, ⅔ cup liquid reserved
- 28 oz vegetable broth (or 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon no chicken soup base with 28 ounces of water)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 10 oz tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped jalapenos as desired for garnish
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil in a skillet.
- While the vegetables sauté, combine ½ of the prepared beans with all of the reserved liquid and the broth in a large soup pot. Using an immersion blender, puree the beans.
- When onions and peppers are tender, add them to the pureed beans in the soup pot along with the remaining beans, garlic, tomatoes and green chilies, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir gently and simmer until soup is hot and flavors are blended, about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, and chopped jalapenos as desired for garnish.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice plus ¼ teaspoon zest
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise, then cut in half lengthwise again. With each cut, take the knife all the way to the pit and, with the avocado on the cutting board and the knife horizontal and parallel to the cutting board, rotate the avocado carefully while holding the knife in place. If the avocado is ripe, it should be fairly easy to cut through.
- Take the quarters apart and remove the pit by gently twisting with your fingers.
- Peel each section of avocado.
- Cube, place in a medium bowl, and mash gently, leaving some chunks.
- Add remaining guacamole ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
🗓️ Day 5
- Cowboy Hotdogs
- Apple Slices with Cheddar Cheese
Cowboy Hot Dogs
- 6 beef franks
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Deli style mustard
- BBQ Sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Grill or fry hot dogs. While hot dogs are cooking, sauté onion in oil over medium heat until browned.
- If desired, heat buns. Serve hot dogs with desired toppings.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan