Our rich tomato-filled crockpot marinara sauce is the perfect topping to homemade manicotti.
Try using lasagna sheets instead of manicotti— I find it easier to roll the lasagna sheets than to fill the manicotti or shells. I especially like working with the Barilla no boil flat lasagna sheets that have been soaked. When using this method, I add about 1/2 cup extra water to the marinara sauce.
- 16 oz. box jumbo pasta shells or manicotti
- 2-1/2 cups homemade marinara sauce
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper together in a medium sized bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Stuff shells or manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed shells in a 13" x 9" baking dish lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon marinara sauce over each shell; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Pin this recipe: