I love the unusual taste of sun-dried tomatoes, and paired with ravioli in cream sauce they are exceptional. I used spinach and cheese ravioli, but cheese or meat ravioli would also work in this dish. You will also need cream, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper, and salt.
Ravioli with Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Cream Sauce
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb. ravioli
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, less if you don't like spicy food
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed, drained, rinsed, & sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Fill a stock pot with water and heat to boiling for ravioli.
- Combine cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, crushed red pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes. Heat cream sauce over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until thickened.
- While cream sauce is heating, boil ravioli according to package directions. Drain ravioli and return it to the stock pot.
- Add cream sauce, which should be thickened, to cooked ravioli. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe: