Stock your freezer with a pan of homemade stuffed shells with ground beef, spinach, onion, and garlic, and enjoy the other pan for dinner tonight.
Spinach & Ground Beef Stuffed Shells
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- 12 oz jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 56 oz pasta sauce
- Brown the beef with the onion and garlic in a skillet.
- Cook the spinach in a pot with 1 cup water until soft and wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Drain spinach and squeeze out any excess water. Chop the spinach.
- Mix the sausage, spinach, ricotta, and Italian cheese together. Fill each cooked shell with the mixture.
- Spread a bit of sauce from 1 jar of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x13 inch pan. Place half the stuffed shells in the baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce from the open jar.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Place the other half of the shells on a flat sheet and freeze. When frozen, place in a freezer container, label with “Stuffed Shells: Thaw, place in pan and cover with foil, and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes”, and return to freezer. Save unopened jar of sauce in the pantry for use with frozen shells.
Pin this recipe: