This recipe makes two quiches, so one can go in the freezer for a night when you have less time for meal prep.
South of the Border Quiche
- 2 pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz green chilies, chopped
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 cup black olives, sliced and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- salsa and sour cream, optional garnishes
- Place pie crusts in two pie pans. Line crusts with aluminum foil. Bake both pie crusts at 400°F for 5 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, and cheeses to bottom of baked crusts.
- Mix together eggs, milk, chilies, onions, olives, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Pour half in each pie crust.
- Place one pie on baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Add foil to edge of crust as crust starts to brown. Continue to bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to set up for about 5 -10 minutes before serving.
- Cover and freeze second quiche for future use. (Label quiche for freezer “South of the Border Quiche. Remove quiche from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes. Line edges of crust with foil as crust starts to brown. Continue baking about 30 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.”)
Pin this recipe: