Savory Chicken and Mushroom Bake is a perfectly easy combination of chicken, mushrooms, and pasta in a creamy sauce with a tangy Parmesan topping. It’s a great meal for using up leftover chicken without a lot of prep.
⏲️ Time needed
You can start your sauce while the noodles are cooking to cut prep time to about 10 minutes, allowing you to have this dish ready in about an hour.
- chicken broth
- sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- egg noodles
- cooked chicken
- grated Parmesan cheese
🌾 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
Egg noodles are not typically gluten-free, but you can find GF egg noodles at some stores.
Heat the oven to 350°F. Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, make a white sauce by melting butter, then adding flour, and stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring constantly.
Add seasonings and mushrooms and mix well. Combine chicken, cooked noodles, and prepared sauce. Place in an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
Savory Chicken and Mushroom Bake
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Make a white sauce by melting butter, then adding flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings and mushrooms and mix well.
- Combine chicken, cooked noodles, and prepared sauce.
- Place in an ungreased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe
Leave a Reply