Looking for a delicious Christmas dessert to grace your table? Look no further -- this fantastic chocolate and mint trifle is perfect for a sweet finish to a large meal. Because it is made with tiny bite-sized portions of brownies mixed in with fluffy pudding and whipped cream, it is light enough that your guests will enjoy it without feeling overly full.
To make beautiful layers, pipe the pudding mixture layers with an icing decorating bag, or if you don't have one simply use a baggie with the corner cut out. If you can’t find the specified flavors of pudding, feel free to adapt the recipe to use other flavors. Chocolate, Oreo, or vanilla would be good with the mint.
Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- 18.3 ounce box brownie mix
- 2 eggs, or as called for in brownie directions
- ⅔ cup oil, or as called for in brownie directions
- ¼ cup water, or as called for in brownie directions
- 3.4 ounces white chocolate flavor instant pudding mix
- 3.4 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding mix
- 16 ounces thawed light cool whip
- 8 ounces thawed light cool whip
- 1 cup skim milk, for white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup skim milk, for cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 box candy canes, crushed
- 8.5 ounces Andes mints, broken into pieces
- Prepare 18.3 ounce box brownie mix according to the package directions (2 eggs, ⅔ cup oil, ¼ cup water or as called for on box), adding half of the 8.5 ounces Andes mints, broken into pieces to the batter before baking.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling (or when ready to prepare trifle), mix together the 3.4 ounces white chocolate flavor instant pudding mix and 1 cup skim milk in one bowl and the 3.4 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding mix and 1 cup skim milk in another bowl.
- Separate 16 ounces thawed light cool whip in half and fold half into each pudding mixture.
- Once brownies are cooled, cut into small squares.
- Using one third of the brownie squares, make a brownie layer in the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Next, spread the white chocolate pudding mixture, followed by a layer of ⅓ of 1 box candy canes, crushed.
- Next, layer the second ⅓ of brownie squares, then the cream cheese pudding mixture, then another ⅓ of the crushed candy canes.
- Finally, add the last ⅓ of the brownie squares and 8 ounces thawed light cool whip.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with the remaining crushed candy canes and crushed Andes mints.
Nutrition per serving