Looking for a delicious Christmas dessert to grace your table? Look no further — this fantastic chocolate and mint trifle is perfect for a sweet finish to a large meal. Because it is made with tiny bite-sized portions of brownies mixed in with fluffy pudding and whipped cream, it is light enough that your guests will enjoy it without feeling overly full.
To make beautiful layers, pipe the pudding mixture layers with an icing decorating bag, or if you don’t have one simply use a baggie with the corner cut out. If you can’t find the specified flavors of pudding, feel free to adapt the recipe to use other flavors. Chocolate, Oreo, or vanilla would be good with the mint.
Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- 18.3 oz brownie mix
- 2 eggs, or as called for in brownie directions
- ⅔ cup oil, or as called for in brownie directions
- ¼ cup water, or as called for in brownie directions
- 1 3.4 oz. box white chocolate flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 3.4 oz. box cheesecake flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 16 oz. tub light cool whip, thawed and divided in half
- 1 8 oz. tub light cool whip, thawed
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 box candy canes, crushed
- 1 8.5 oz. bag Andes mints, broken into pieces
- Prepare brownies according to the package directions, adding half of the crushed Andes mints to the batter before baking. Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling (or when ready to prepare trifle), mix together the white chocolate flavor pudding mix and 1 cup of milk in one bowl and the cheesecake flavor pudding mix and 1 cup of milk in another bowl.
- Fold in 8 oz. of cool whip into each pudding mixture.
- Once brownies are cooled, cut into small squares.
- Using one third of the brownie squares, make a brownie layer in the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Next, spread the white chocolate pudding mixture, followed by a layer of ⅓ of the crushed candy canes.
- Next, layer the second ⅓ of brownie squares, then the cream cheese pudding mixture, then another ⅓ of the crushed candy canes.
- Finally, add the last ⅓ of the brownie squares and 8 oz. frozen whipped topping.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with the remaining crushed candy canes and crushed Andes mints.