Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids, making it a healthy choice. I prefer wild caught Pacific salmon since most Atlantic salmon is farmed. The Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch app is useful for decoding labels and making healthy and sustainable fish choices.
When purchasing fish, check the country of origin as some countries have controversial harvesting practices.
Pecan Encrusted Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- 2 cups milk
- ⅔ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Place salmon and milk in a large shallow bowl and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together pecans, flour, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Drain the milk from the large bowl and add the pecan mixture, tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the salmon on each side for about three minutes.
- Transfer salmon pieces to a lightly greased baking dish; bake at 400°F for about 7-10 minutes or until salmon is flaky.