Homemade pesto can be made in the time it takes for the pasta to boil, so this is really a quick stovetop meal. The recipe links to the homemade pesto post, but I’ve included the homemade pesto recipe below for your convenience.
Pasta with Homemade Pesto
- 16 oz rigatoni
- 1 recipe homemade pesto
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Boil the pasta. Drain and rinse.
- Add homemade pesto and toss to coat.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed, stems removed, and packed into cup
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Place basil leaves in small batches into a food processor and process until well chopped.
- Add about ⅓ of the nuts and garlic and blend again.
- Add about ⅓ of the cheese and blend slowly while adding about ⅓ of the olive oil.
- Stop to scrape food processor contents down the sides of container towards the bottom. Process until a smooth thick paste is formed.
- Repeat process until all ingredients are used.
Pin this recipe: