Turn up the taste on sautéed chicken by giving it a Mediterranean twist with fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced olives, and capers.
For chicken that cooks evenly, choose thin cutlets or pound the breasts to an even thickness and cut into 6 pieces of similar size. You can serve Mediterranean Chicken with Capers over plain or seasoned couscous.
Mediterranean Chicken with Capers
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil as needed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jar or can olives, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. capers, drained
- Wash chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until browned on both sides. Add tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 475°F for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.