Turn up the taste on sautéed chicken by giving it a Mediterranean twist with fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced olives, and capers.
⏲️ Time needed
This recipe has an easy 5-minute prep. After about 15 minutes on the stovetop and 15-20 minutes in the oven, this dish is table-ready.
- boneless, skinless chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- cherry tomatoes
❓ What are capers?
Capers are unripened flower buds (not berries) from the Caper Bush, a plant native to the Mediterranean.
The buds are about the size of a pea and are harvested and brined, which adds a distinctive salty flavor.
Capers are commonly found in Mediterranean dishes and are a delicious accent in recipes containing lemon, butter, and olives.
This one-skillet meal starts on the stovetop, then goes in the oven to bake.
Wash the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the chicken in oil over medium heat until browned on both sides. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers.
Bake, uncovered, at 475°F for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
For chicken that cooks evenly, choose thin cutlets, butterfly the chicken breasts, or pound the breasts to an even thickness and cut into 6 pieces of similar size.
Mediterranean Chicken with Capers
- 2 pounds chicken pieces, boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil as needed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jar or can olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Wash chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until browned on both sides. Add tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 475°F for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition per serving
🥗 Side dishes
Mediterranean Chicken with Capers is delicious over plain or seasoned couscous. A side salad or steamed green vegetables is the perfect way to complete the meal.