Maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar make a delicious sauce for this easy freezer chicken dish that can be prepared in advance and cooked in the crockpot. This is one of my go to recipes for delicious chicken. We've been making it for years but recently discovered by way of the Six Sisters website that it's a great freezer dish as well.
Maple Dijon Chicken (Freezer Cooking)
- 1-½ to 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Combine Dijon, maple syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and pour sauce on top.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
To stock your freezer:
- Place chicken in a freezer container and pour mixture over chicken. Seal, while removing the air, and label with the date and the following: “Maple Dijon Chicken: Thaw in refrigerator overnight and cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.”
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe: