Chocolate hazelnut spread between layers of pound cake topped with light and fluffy chocolate Cool Whip frosting is a perfect holiday dessert.
Since you are using prepared pound cake, this recipe takes very little prep time and is as pretty as it is delicious. Serve with ripe berries for a beautiful plated dish.
Layered Pound Cake with Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting
- 1 prepared pound cake
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread, like Nutella
- 2 Tbsp shaved chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup raspberries, for garnish (optional)
- 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine instant pudding and milk and mix with a hand mixer on low for about a minute.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip until well mixed. If mixture is not as sweet as preferred, gently mix in powdered sugar to taste. Set aside.
- Slice pound cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Spread first layer with ¼ cup Nutella spread.
- Add the second layer and spread with remaining ¼ cup Nutella spread.
- Place final layer on top and frost entire cake with the chocolate Cool Whip frosting.
- Sprinkle top with shaved chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.