This delectable Hot Fudge Cake is easy to make and you probably have the ingredients for this gooey chocolate treat in your pantry! If you have 40 minutes and an oven, this homemade dessert can be ready for a holiday party or a weeknight indulgence. You can also easily make a gluten-free version!
Hot Fudge Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- Whipped cream or ice cream for garnish, optional
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in milk and shortening (this will be very thick).
- Press into the prepared baking dish to make a “crust”.
- Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa, sprinkle over “crust”. Pour 2 cups hot water on top without mixing.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm with optional whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe: