This beautiful dessert is almost as much fun to look at as it is to eat. With gingerbread, pumpkin, gingersnaps, and pudding, you know it is going to be good. If you don't have a trifle bowl, you can use a large, clear salad bowl. The recipe calls for 2 prepared gingerbread cake mixes, but you will have about ½ of one recipe leftover.
This beautiful dessert is almost as much fun to look at as it is to eat. With gingerbread, pumpkin, gingersnaps, and pudding, you know it is going to be good.
- 26 ounces can pumpkin
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, prepared
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 5.1-ounce box vanilla pudding mix, prepared according to “make for pie” directions
- 2 14 oz. packages gingerbread mix, prepared according to pkg. directions (if you are using a smaller bowl or making individual parfaits, use 1 pkg)
- 1-½ cups gingersnaps, crushed
- 4 cups homemade whipped cream or frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Beat together pumpkin, cream cheese, and sour cream until smooth; add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Add to prepared pudding and mix well.
- Crumble approximately ⅓ of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl (it should fill the bowl up about ⅕ the way up the side). Spread 2-½ cups of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread. Add a ½ cup layer of crushed gingersnaps followed by half of the whipped topping. Repeat with a layer of gingerbread equal in size to the first layer, 2-½ cups of pudding mixture, ½ cup crushed gingersnaps, and remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle remaining gingersnaps over the top of the whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight.
Because the amount of pudding mixture and gingerbread needed will not exactly fit the trifle bowl, you will likely have extra of these. The pudding mixture can be used as a dip for cookies or you can use both ingredients to create a few individual parfaits.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 658 calCarbohydrates: 110 gProtein: 3 gFat: 22 gSodium: 798 mgFiber: 3 gSugar: 30 g
Leave a Reply