Desserts often feel too heavy and rich in the hot summer, but this frozen pie is perfect for a steamy summer day. With basic ingredients, it’s quick and easy and the result is cool and slightly sweet with refreshing tartness.
Frozen Lemonade Pie
- 8 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate, undiluted, thawed
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 12 oz. frozen whipped topping, softened (divided)
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
- In a large mixing bowl, add 8 oz. (1 cup) of the thawed lemonade concentrate. You will not need the remaining lemonade concentrate so if you have extra, you can mix it with water to make a few glasses of lemonade if you'd like.
- Add the ice cream in thirds, beating at low speed until well blended as you add each portion.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped topping to the ice cream mixture and mix gently until well blended.
- Put the remaining whipped topping in the refrigerator (you will need it later).
- Spoon ice cream mixture evenly into 2 graham cracker crusts and place in freezer for 1 hour to chill.
- When the pie filling is chilled, remove pies from freezer and spread the remaining whipped topping over pies evenly.
- Cover pies and return to freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, let pies stand at room temperature for a few minutes before slicing. It may be helpful to use a hot knife to slice.