This festive fall recipe is a hearty beef, rice, and vegetable combination baked and served in a pumpkin. You can either make one large pumpkin or multiple smaller pumpkins if you prefer individual servings.
Dinner In a Pumpkin
- 1 medium pumpkin, about 6 pounds
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 sliced carrots
- 10 ounces can cream of chicken soup
- 6.5 ounces can sliced mushroom, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 8 ounces can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring all ingredients except pumpkin to a boil in a pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the beef mixture is simmering, cut the lid from pumpkin and scoop out seeds and any strands, cleaning the inside.
- Place the pumpkin in a sturdy baking pan and fill with the beef mixture. Depending on the size of your pumpkin, you may not be able to fit all of the stew mixture inside; bake any extra stew in a covered dish.
- Place the lid on the pumpkin and bake at 350°F for approximately 1-1 ½ hours, or until pumpkin is tender and brown.
Nutrition per serving