I’m happy to offer registered users the ability to save and edit the meal plans and to create their own meal plans and recipe collections!
📖 Where are my collections?
Your recipe collections are located here. You can find the link in the navigation menu.
In the navigation menu on desktop, it is on the far right:
In the navigation menu on mobile it is in the primary navigation flyout:
⌨️ How do I register?
If you see a message on your collections page saying that the feature is only available to registered users, you’ll need to register here—it’s free. You will need to be logged in to access your collections.
📔 How can I use collections?
When you register, our Collections feature automatically creates an inbox where you can store recipes and collections of recipes. You can use the feature like a virtual recipe box where you can pull recipes together for different purposes. Some ways you can use collections:
- Add a meal plan to your collections and edit the chosen recipes
- Add your favorite meal plans to your collections so they are conveniently located for use again and again
- Create your own meal plans
- Create a bulk cooking plan with freezer-friendly recipes
- Create a collection of recipes to plan a party or other event
You can create as many collections as you want in whatever format fits your needs. Once created, any collection can be duplicated (Click Edit Collections below the collections to access the duplicate and remove functions.)
🔖 How do I add collections/meal plans?
There are two ways to add a recipe collection or meal plan:
- Click “Edit Collections”
Click “Add Collection”
Type a name for your recipe collection or meal plan, then click “Stop Editing”
- Visit any meal plan collection on Add Salt & Serve and click “Save to my collections”
Your collection or meal plan now is ready to be populated with recipes.
🥘 How do I add recipes to my collections/meal plans?
There are two ways to add recipes to a collection:
- On any recipe card, click “Add to collection”
When you have added a recipe to your collection from the recipe card, it will appear in your “inbox,” where it can be dragged and dropped into collections from the “Add Item” menu
- Click the name of the collection, click the Add Item button, then search by name to find recipes; to add, drag the recipe to your collection; to remove, click Remove Item and click the trash can beside the recipe
The second option requires searching by name, so if you are not familiar with the recipes on the site it might be easier to use the first option and browse the recipes.
The best way to get to know the interface is to click around on the various buttons and links to familiarize yourself with their functions. I’m happy to answer questions in the comments below and in the Add Salt & Serve Facebook group.