Delicious and easy Crockpot Chicken with Stuffing has just five ingredients and takes only five minutes to prepare for the crockpot. The creamy sauce and tender, juicy chicken make this dish a family favorite!
⏲️ Time needed
This recipe only takes about five minutes of prep, then it'll cook for 6-8 hours, depending on your crockpot.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pepperidge Farm Stuffing
- chicken broth
- cream of chicken soup
🌾 Gluten-free adaptation
Gluten-free stuffing mix can be found at many chain grocery stores. Chicken broth is usually gluten-free, but it can contain wheat or barley. Check your labels or buy certified gluten-free broth (or make your own).
Many “cream of” soups contain gluten, so to make this dish gluten-free, either choose a gluten-free brand or make your own. (It’s easy, but it’ll add a few minutes to your cooking time.) This recipe for gluten-free cream of chicken soup looks like a good option.
Lightly spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, and place the chicken in the bottom.
In a small bowl, mix the stuffing with the cream of chicken soup and ½ cup water until well blended. Pour 1 cup of chicken broth over the chicken, then layer stuffing mixture on top of the chicken. Cook 6-8 hours on low (adjust cooking time as needed for your crockpot size).
You'll need to adjust the cooking time based on your individual appliance. Crockpots cook differently based on brand, size, and how full they are, so keep that in mind when planning your cook time. A 6-quart crockpot will cook the same recipe much faster than a 4-quart or 3-quart crockpot. On top of that, not all crockpots cook at the temperature they are supposed to (you can use this method to test your crockpot temperature). The bottom line is that unlike oven cooking, there is no way to exactly predict the time needed to perfectly cook in a crockpot because they vary so much.
Crockpot Chicken With Stuffing
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounces Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10.5 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- ½ cup water
- Lightly spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix stuffing with cream of chicken soup and ½ cup water until well blended. Pour 1 cup of chicken broth over chicken.
- Place stuffing mixture on top of chicken.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low (adjust cooking time as needed for your crockpot size).
- Gluten-free stuffing mix can be found at many chain grocery stores.
- Chicken broth is usually gluten-free, but it can contain wheat or barley. Check your labels or buy certified gluten-free broth (or make your own).
- Many “cream of” soups contain gluten, so to make this dish gluten-free, either choose a gluten-free brand or make your own.
Nutrition per serving
🥗 Side dishes
The yummy rich sauce and stuffing in this dish mean that it doesn't need complex, rich sides. Steamed vegetables, sautéed seasoned green beans, or a green salad work well.
📌 Pin this recipe
Leave a Reply