Dress up plain tortellini with vegetables and a white wine cream sauce for an easy weeknight meal.
- 19 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil as needed
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh basil, to taste
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- While the tortellini is cooking, sauté the onion and red pepper in olive oil in a large fry pan until tender. Add garlic and sauté a couple more minutes. Add peas and heat through.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside. Melt butter in the same skillet and add wine. Simmer the butter and wine together for a minute or two, then add half and half. Gradually add in the Parmesan cheese, mixing well.
- Season the sauce with salt and fresh basil to taste.
- After the tortellini has cooked, drain it and return it to the pan. Add the sauce and vegetables, mix well, and serve.