With fresh carrots, onions, and zucchini along with kielbasa and a variety of cheeses, Cheesy Kielbasa Casserole is an all-in-one meal. Double the recipe and have one handy in the freezer for later.
Cheesy Kielbasa Casserole
With fresh carrots, onions, and zucchini along with kielbasa and a variety of cheeses, Cheesy Kielbasa Casserole is an all in one meal. Double the recipe and have one handy in the freezer for later.
- 6 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb. turkey kielbasa, sliced into ⅓" thick rounds
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, sliced or shredded
- 12 oz. spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes, Italian Blend
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown kielbasa in oil over medium heat. Add next four ingredients and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg, Ricotta, cheddar, ½ cup mozzarella, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine meat mixture, pasta (cooked and drained), and cheese mixture until thoroughly blended. Pour mixture into a lightly sprayed 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, and chopped green onions over top of kielbasa mixture.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking an addition 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
For a vegetarian option, omit the kielbasa. This recipe freezes well, so you may want to double the recipe. Pour half of the mixture into each of two casserole dishes, one for tonight and one in a freezer safe casserole dish. Cook the one for tonight according to the recipe and allow the second casserole to cool. Once cooled, cover well with foil and label "Cheesy Kielbasa Casserole: Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes until heated through."
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 316 calCarbohydrates: 22 gProtein: 20 gFat: 17 gSodium: 981 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 6 g
Leave a Reply