With fresh carrots, onions, and zucchini along with kielbasa and a variety of cheeses, Cheesy Kielbasa Casserole is an all-in-one meal. Double the recipe and have one handy in the freezer for later.
Cheesy Kielbasa Casserole
- 6 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb. turkey kielbasa, sliced into ⅓" thick rounds
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, sliced or shredded
- 12 oz. spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes, Italian Blend
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, brown kielbasa in oil over medium heat. Add next four ingredients and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg, Ricotta, cheddar, ½ cup mozzarella, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine meat mixture, pasta (cooked and drained), and cheese mixture until thoroughly blended. Pour mixture into a lightly sprayed 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, and chopped green onions over top of kielbasa mixture.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking an addition 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition per serving