Caprese salad is a wonderful way to enjoy fresh, ripe tomatoes.
It’s important to use very ripe (but not overripe) tomatoes at room temperature and good quality fresh mozzarella cheese. Classic Caprese salad does not use Balsamic vinegar or Italian seasoning. These are optional, and if you have good quality tomatoes and cheese, you may want to omit them.
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes in the same diameter as the mozzarella, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning, optional
- Alternate slices of tomato, cheese, and basil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Drizzle with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar, and serve immediately.