Broccoli Salad is a nice alternative to a side salad. It's quick and easy when you use the bags of fresh broccoli florets available at the supermarket, but be sure to allow time for the salad to chill.
⏲️ Time needed
Prep time for Broccoli Salad is only about 15 minutes, but it is best served cold, so chill time is important. I usually prepare it the day before and let it chill overnight, but allow 4 hours at a minimum.
- fresh broccoli florets
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- red wine vinegar
- cooked and crumbled turkey bacon
For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon crumbles. If you don't want to lose the crunch that the bacon provides but prefer a meatless alternative, try substituting French fried onions or slivered almonds as a topping.
For the base of the salad, combine the broccoli, cheese, and onion in a large bowl and set aside. For the dressing, mix together the mayo, sugar, and vinegar.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and mix gently to coat. Chill for at least 4 hours. To keep the bacon crumbles from getting soggy, add them just before serving.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Pour over the broccoli mixture and mix gently to coat. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Add bacon crumbles just before serving.
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe