This quick stovetop Black Beans and Rice can be made in the time it takes to cook the rice. Adjust the spices to your taste by using salsa that is hot or mild, or add a chopped jalapeno to the pepper and onion.
Quick & Easy Black Beans and Rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups white rice, plus water needed to cook according to directions
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil in a large skillet until tender.
- Add cooked beans, garlic, salsa, salt, and pepper to onions and peppers in skillet. Cover and let simmer while preparing rice. Add water if necessary.
- Serve beans over rice.
Pin this recipe: