Change up your baked spaghetti by giving it a Tex-Mex flavor with green chilies, black olives, and more.
If you have cooked ground beef and cooked onion in the freezer, skip the steps for cooking those and just thaw and heat.
Baked Southwestern Spaghetti
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 26 ounces jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces can diced green chilies, chopped
- 2.25 ounces can sliced black olives, drained
- 10 ounces can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings as desired, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, hot peppers, etc.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, brown ground beef. When almost done, add onion and cook until onion is tender.
- Drain beef and onion mixture and add remaining ingredients except cheese and toppings. Mix thoroughly and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- When spaghetti is ready, drain and mix with meat mixture.
- Pour into a 9"x13" pan prepared with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe: