Crockpot Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers make a classic dish with a Tex-Mex twist even easier, and you can prepare everything the night before to save time in the morning. The filling freezes well, so if you’d like you can double the filling recipe and stock your freezer.
Crockpot Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- 15 oz red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz frozen corn, thawed
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 medium green bell peppers, seeded and tops removed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, onion, cooked rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1 ¾ cups of cheese.
- Stuff peppers with vegetable mixture. Place peppers in crockpot, cover, and cook on low 6-8 hours (high: 3-4 hours).
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking time, sprinkle with remaining cheese and allow cheese to melt.