Over the holidays we visited with a friend who served these fantastic little appetizers. Not only were they tasty, but they are easy to make. You could do many different variations, but this is the version I made. I had bulk ingredients, so I am guessing on the amounts here, but you can nibble on any leftover ingredients.
Tasty Pepperoni and Tortellini Treats
These tasty little treats are from the Taste of Home: The New Appetizer: 230 recipes for today's party starters (affiliate link).
- 1 lb. turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh tortellini, cooked
- 1 lb. olives
- .5 cup Italian salad dressing, I used Good Seasonings made with balsamic vinegar for extra flavor
- Toothpicks, as needed
- Marinate the cooked tortellini and olives in the Italian seasoning overnight.
- Skewer each toothpick with a folded slice or two of meat (you may need to fold larger slices into quarters; small pepperoni can be folded in half), a tortellini, and an olive.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 173 calCarbohydrates: 12 gProtein: 11 gFat: 9 gSodium: 931 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 1 g
That's a great idea - I bet it's really pretty.
Stick the picks in a round soup bowl bread