If you have cooked chicken on hand, this dish can be on the table in the time it takes to boil the pasta. Its lemony flavor is a perfect complement to the pasta and chicken. It is a terrific dish to have in your list of quick dishes to make at the last minute because you can keep all of the ingredients on hand in the pantry or freezer.
Quick Lemony Pasta with Chicken
- 8 oz. pkg. linguini
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp basil, dried
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the linguini according to the package directions and drain.
- While it is cooking, combine butter, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder, and lemon pepper in a saucepan; simmer until butter is melted.
- Add cooked chicken; stir until chicken has been reheated.
- Add drained, cooked pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.