With leftover cooked chicken, this quick lemony chicken dish can be on the table in the time it takes to boil the pasta. Its lemony flavor is a perfect complement to the pasta and chicken. It is a terrific dish to have in your list of quick dishes to make at the last minute because you can keep all of the ingredients on hand in the pantry or freezer.
Quick Lemony Pasta with Chicken
If you have cooked chicken on hand, this dish can be on the table in the time it takes to boil the pasta. Its lemony flavor is a perfect complement to the pasta and chicken.
- 8 ounces linguini
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon basil, dried
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and cubed
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the linguini according to the package directions and drain.
- While it is cooking, combine butter, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder, and lemon pepper in a saucepan; simmer until butter is melted.
- Add cooked chicken; stir until chicken has been reheated.
- Add drained, cooked pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe uses cooked chicken from the freezer. If you are not cooking chicken in bulk and freezing it, you will need to allow time to sauté the chicken (this can be done while you are cooking the linguini).
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 431 calCarbohydrates: 43 gProtein: 20 gFat: 19 gSodium: 218 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 2 g
Leave a Reply