Week 51 Summary
Notes for this week
|Crockpot London Broil||Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf||Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic|
|Beef with Broccoli over Rice||Egg Drop Soup|
|Oven-Baked Beef Tacos||Crockpot Corn Casserole|
|Honey Mustard Chicken||Steamed Broccoli||Buttered Egg Noodles|
|30 Minute Taco Macaroni||Apple Raisin Salad||Shortcut "Homemade" Cinnamon Sticks|
🗓️ Day 1
- Crockpot London Broil
- Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
Crockpot London Broil
- 2 pounds London broil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Season London broil with salt and pepper.
- Make small slits in the roast and insert slices of garlic cloves.
- Place about half of the sliced onion in the crock-pot and put roast on top of onions. Top roast with the remaining ingredients except onion. Arrange the remaining onion slices on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8-10 hours (time varies with individual crockpots, see notes).
- When roast is tender and ready to serve, place on a serving platter. Let rest until internal temperature is about 120°F before slicing.
- Serve with the juices or make a gravy if desired.
- To make gravy, blend 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Form a smooth paste. Pour drippings from crockpot pan into a saucepan and add cornstarch mixture, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking at a simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- For slicing, make sure your knife is sharp, and/or use a serrated knife.
- Very tender meat holds its shape better if it is sliced when cold, so to use leftovers in stirfry, make sure you leave the leftover roast unsliced and slice it when it is cold just before preparing the stirfry.
- For gravy, be sure to use cool water when mixing the cornstarch slurry.
- Make sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce if you are following a gluten-free diet. Otherwise, this recipe is gluten-free.
- If you have leftovers, try our popular delicious Beef and Broccoli Stirfry recipe!
Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Mushroom Base or Vegetable Base
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup water
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- ½ medium lemon, sliced thin
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
🗓️ Day 2
- Beef with Broccoli over Rice
- Egg Drop Soup
Easy Beef with Broccoli using Leftover Steak
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked steak, London broil, or firm cut of roast, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add leftover steak and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute.
- Remove meat from skillet. Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Egg Drop Soup
- 3 C. chicken broth
- 1 green onion with top, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add onions to beaten eggs.
- Pour eggs into boiling broth slowly, stirring with fork so that egg forms into ribbons. Soup is ready when egg is cooked.
🗓️ Day 3
- Oven-Baked Beef Tacos
- Crockpot Corn Casserole
Oven-Baked Beef Tacos (30 Minute Recipe)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 4 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces Colby-jack or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 12 hard taco shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced avocados or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Sliced olives
- Hot sauce, Chilula is our favorite
- Taco sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Drain off any fat and/or liquid.
- Return to skillet and add green chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the taco beef mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9x13-inch baking dish, propping shells against one another or using a taco rack (affiliate link) to keep shells upright.
- Sprinkle taco meat with cheese in each shell.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10-12 minutes (or until the cheese has melted and tacos are hot).
- Serve with optional condiments of your choice.
- Substitute taco-seasoned shredded chicken to make oven-baked chicken tacos, or shredded leftover roast beef to make oven-baked shredded beef tacos.
- Add a can of refried beans to the tacos.
- Use your favorite salsa or enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce.
- Add a can of drained fire-roasted tomatoes to the meat mixture.
- Add cojita cheese after baking.
- Switch up your cheeses and try quesadilla cheese, cheddar cheese, or pepper jack.
- Serve with chipotle sour cream (add 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce to ½ cup sour cream).
Crock Pot Corn Casserole
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, mild or medium sharpness
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix, 6-7 ounce package
🗓️ Day 4
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Steamed Broccoli
- Buttered Egg Noodles
Honey Mustard Chicken
- ½ cup salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 chicken pieces, boneless, skinless
- Combine everything except chicken in a small bowl. Separate sauce into 2 portions.
- Place chicken on a grill or in the broiler and brush with one portion of the sauce.
- Grill or broil until done while basting a couple more times with the reserved sauce.
🗓️ Day 5
- 30 Minute Taco Macaroni
- Apple Raisin Salad
- Shortcut “Homemade” Cinnamon Sticks
30 Minute Taco Macaroni
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic.
- Add taco seasoning mix and ⅓ cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, water, milk, Rotel, salt, pepper, and cooked pasta. Stir in cheese and serve warm.
Apple Raisin Salad
- 5 apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Soak raisins in hot water to cover to soften for about 5 minutes, drain and dry on a paper towel. Combine apples, raisins, and celery in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine salad dressing, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the fruit mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to chill then serve.
Shortcut “Homemade” Cinnamon Sticks
- 13.8 ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk, more or less to desired consistency
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough onto a greased cookie sheet or stone.
- Brush melted butter over pizza dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mix over pizza dough.
- Slice dough into rectangles about 1x6 inches and separate slightly on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- For frosting, mix powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Stir in just enough milk to make a thick paste.
- Serve warm cinnamon sticks with frosting for dipping or spread frosting over each stick as pictured.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan