Week 40 Summary
Notes for this week
|Easy Skillet Ramen||Broccoli Salad|
|Santa Fe Chicken||Stovetop Creamed Corn|
|Pinto Beans||Cornbread||Green Salad|
|Tortellini Zucchini Soup||Italian Bread|
|Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken over Rice||Egg Drop Soup|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Easy Skillet Ramen
- Broccoli Salad
Easy Skillet Ramen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz Ramen, any flavor
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can corn, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Brown ground beef.
- Add tomatoes, ramen seasoning packet, corn, and peas. Break up the noodles and add. Add water if needed to cover the noodles.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Pour over the broccoli mixture and mix gently to coat. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Add bacon crumbles just before serving.
🗓️ Day 2
- Santa Fe Chicken
- Stovetop Creamed Corn
Santa Fe Chicken
- 1-½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425º. Coat chicken with mayonnaise, then dredge in cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast.
- Place prepared chicken in a 9x13” baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle each piece of chicken with butter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (when internal temperature reaches 165ºF).
- Top with salsa and cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Stovetop Creamed Corn
- 2 tablespoons Salted Butter
- ¼ cup Yellow Onion, diced
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 5 cups Corn Kernels, frozen, canned, or fresh
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
🗓️ Day 3
- Pinto Beans over Cornbread
- Green Salad
Pinto Beans Over Cornbread
- 1 pound dry pinto beans, prepared
- Salt to taste
- 1 recipe cornbread, prepared
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Break apart a piece of cornbread in each bowl and top with hot cooked pinto beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped onion, cheddar cheese, and chopped cilantro.
- 1 cup Quaker® Yellow or White Corn Meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
🗓️ Day 4
- Tortellini Zucchini Soup
- Italian Bread
Tortellini Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 19 ounce bag frozen tortellini, cheese or meat
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
If preparing to serve:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil until onion is translucent and zucchini is tender.
- Add the stock, basil, bay leaf, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and heat to a simmer.
- Add tortellini and bring back to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through. Add parsley and stir just before serving.
If preparing to freeze:
- Sauté the onion and zucchini in the olive oil until the onion is translucent and zucchini is tender. Remove onion and zucchini from heat and combine with all ingredients except stock in a freezer container.
- Freeze and label each container with the following instructions: "Bring 6 cups of stock to a boil. Add frozen ingredients and stir gently until thawed. Heat to a boil and cook for 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through."
🗓️ Day 5
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken over Rice
- Egg Drop Soup
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp tapioca, quick cooking
- 1-½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cilantro, dried
- 3 cups rice, cooked and kept warm
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle tapioca over the vegetables. Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Combine all other ingredients except rice in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve over rice.
Egg Drop Soup
- 3 C. chicken broth
- 1 green onion with top, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add onions to beaten eggs.
- Pour eggs into boiling broth slowly, stirring with fork so that egg forms into ribbons. Soup is ready when egg is cooked.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan